If you haven’t seen the remarkable exchange between CNN’s Piers Morgan and Breitbart’s editor-at-large Ben Shapiro, the full video is posted at the end of this blog. However, if you are not accustomed to seeing a conservative use facts and reason (as opposed to spitting and yelling) you may not understand what is actually being said. Below is a list of Piers’ answers to Shapiro’s questions:
1. How dare you…?
2. How dare you?
3. Mark Kelly agrees with everything that I have said…
4. We’ll come to that, let me ask you this… (He never went back to it)
5. You can smirk and me and you can laugh at me…
6. The last four shootings involved assault weapons, is the reason why people like me, Mark Kelly and Gabby Giffords are against them… (although historically the vast majority of shootings involve handguns)
7. Why is this about left or right?
8. Because I believe in American’s right to defend themselves with a handgun or a pistol…
9. One of the great right-wing presidents of modern time agrees with me…
10. Do you understand how absurd you sound?
And here is the translation of these answers:
1. How dare you tell me what I have been doing for several weeks.
2. I still haven’t come up with a better answer.
3. Someone else agrees with me, so I must be right.
4. I am avoiding your question.
5. I am the only one here who can be morally superior and you are making me look bad.
6. I am going to ignore facts, and go back to someone else agrees with me.
7. I am avoiding your question.
8. Look, I am really reasonable on this, because I believe in the federal government’s history of restraint.
9. Ronald Reagan agrees with me, so I must be right.
10. I can’t believe you just made me look bad on my own show.
See for yourself: